Sharnford’s building is the oldest church in the Hinckley Circuit. It was built in 1827 and has a small cemetery behind the church which is still in use.
The fellowship is warm and welcoming. There is a weekly Sunday morning service in the chapel where the church family appreciate different styles of worship with traditional and modern hymns and songs. A fellowship group is held once a month and there are regular coffee mornings held in aid of different charities. The members are caring and supportive of each other and keen to reach out in mission to the village.
There are good relationships with village groups, including the primary school who hold their harvest service in the chapel. There are also good ecumenical links with the parish church, St. Helen’s, and occasional united services: in the summer a Songs of Praise Service, Remembrance Sunday and Christmas Services.
There is an emphasis on supporting missions abroad; Operation Christmas Child, in particular, has been supported for many years. This is a tremendous church endeavour and a huge number of boxes are collected each year. For many years, church members have worked throughout the year to provide gifts for disadvantaged children abroad. The church sponsor a child in Mtwapa, Kenya and are funding her education.