Stapleton Methodist Church seeks to serve God and the community, led and inspired by the Holy Spirit, proclaiming the Gospel to bring people to faith in Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
Aims and Goals
To increase awareness of God’s presence and to celebrate God’s love.
Learning and Caring
To help people grow as Christians through mutual support, care and teaching.
To be good neighbours, challenge injustice and care for God’s world.
To make disciples of Jesus Christ.
Date June 2007
- We will support the churches in developing forms of worship that are appropriate to their communities
- We will support the churches in developing forms of worship in an appropriate ecumenical setting
- Preachers and Worship Leaders will seek to challenge individuals and congregations.
Learning and Caring
- We encourage each church to develop small group involvement for everyone. We expect 50% of each local church community to participate within three years
- Churches are to ensure that they develop effective pastoral oversight and maintain and develop it within the local community
- We encourage our churches to learn about and explore other church traditions
- To develop awareness of local community issues and to respond appropriately, endeavouring to work together with other Christians in joint action
- This church is to be a fair trade church and continue to develop an awareness of global issues
- To develop environmental awareness and good practice
- Develop programmes of outreach both personal and corporate
- To help and encourage disciples to witness to others enabling them to become what God wants them to be wherever they are
- Develop and implement strategies of worship and activities to offer multiple entry points into different expressions of what it means to be the church of Jesus Christ
- Develop appropriate networks both individual and in groups, encouraging groups and individuals to engage in activities outside church structures